Work Wear Inspiration: The Colorblock








Blazer: New York & co. (old, similar here and here) // Sweater: Adam Lippes for Target (men's sweater sold out,) // Jeans: Wal-Mart (similar  here, here and here) // Boots: Target (sold out, similar) // Earrings: Charlotte Russe (exact dupe) // Necklace: Claire's (old) // Bracelets: New York & Co. (old) // Ring; New York & Co. (old) // Purse: Target (old) // Lips: NYX in Stockholm

A while back, a friend asked me about doing a post on work wear. I thought I would do a creative/ casual office look. I've worked in retail for almost ten years, and depending on where I worked the attire has been at different ends of the spectrum. My first retail job was pretty much office attire, because that's the demographic we targeted. We weren't allowed to look remotely casual. Whereas, another job required me to dress super fashionable and trendy. Well, considering I don't work in a traditional office, I decided  to give the look a happy median. Of course, if you do work in a more traditional office then you could definitely swap the jeans for a pair of black skinny pants. I would even go so far as to wear a pair of wide leg pants and a longer blazer with this sweater. 

This sweater is a men's sweater. I found it in the women's section of Target and assumed it was a woman's sweater. After trying it on, I thought it was a bit to big to be a woman's small, but I still brought it home anyway. Once I got home I started searching for pictures of girls wearing the sweater and found out it was a men's sweater. I explained it to my boyfriend and tried it on for him and he said he liked it on me, so if he thought it looked great then others won't notice that it's not a woman's sweater. Have an awesome weekend loves and I will see you next week.

Shop Similar

No comments