Living The Cape Life









Poncho/Cape: DIY // Sweater: Wal-Mart (similar here and here) // Corduroy Jeans: American Eagle (old, similar) // Boots: Sam & Libby (last year, similar) // Belt: Claire's (similar) // Earrings: Claire's (similar) // Necklace: Claire's (old) // Ring: New York & Co. (old) // Watch: New York & Co. (old, similar) // Sunnies: Borrowed // Lips: NYX  Butter Gloss in Vanilla Cream Pie over Wet n' Wild Mauve Outta Here

Happy Monday! I'm back with more GREY (surprise, surprise)! Hope you dolls aren't tired of it. I added a pop of blue this time. This cape / poncho was an easy DIY and only cost $1.50. I call it my fair isle cape! I got so many compliments on it after taking the photos. Every one I told was so surprised that this use to be a fleece throw blanket. I got it on clearance with the intent of making it into a cape. This way if it turned out well, I would head to Joann and buy some plaid fleece or some plaid wool and make another one. I don't like to spend too much money on DIYs if I haven't tested it out first. Also, its pretty warm. The temperature was 39°F yesterday morning and I used it to take the pup for a walk. I have to admit, even though I love winter clothing, I am one of those girls that gets cold once the temp drops below 67°F. I felt like I was wearing a warm, cozy blanket. I hope you dolls enjoy this post and I will talk to dolls later!

P.S. If you dolls want me to do a DIY post on this cape let me know below. I don't mind sharing.

Shop Similar

No comments