October 2015 Beauty Favorites








Hello loves. Sorry for not having a post for yesterday. I probably won't have an outfit post at all this week. I was off the entire weekend (Friday thru Sunday), but I didn't get to shoot any outfits because it was raining every single day. Most of my time was spent cuddling on the couch with my BF and pup, sipping coffee/tea, and catching up on all the blog posts I missed out on during the week. Even though it was a rainy weekend, it was a relaxing one. I actually felt like I just got to be still for a moment and not think about much. I left the house twice during those days. The first was on Friday, only because I had to get laundry and dishwasher detergent, and the second was on Sunday. I made a short trip to Joann Fabric, just to get out of the house for a little bit and spark my creativity. 

Anyway, I thought it would be nice to share some of my favorite beauty products of October. So here we go.

1. The temps are slowly dropping in these parts and I'm noticing that my skin is becoming drier everyday. So to combat that I stash this small size Johnson & Johnson Baby Lotion in my purse. So after I wash my hands i make sure to put this on afterwards, it does an amazing job. It's a classic for a reason. 

2.  Lately, I haven't been wearing much makeup other than on the days that I shoot outfits. So on all the other days, I just use my Revlon Color Stay Concealer in Deep. It's the one concealer that I found matches my skin perfectly and it's not cakey. It really makes me look fresh and awake, without the  obvious "you have concealer on" look. I use this concealer under  my eyes and on the base of my eyelids. It gives my skin an even-tone. 

3. Since, I don't have on any foundation, I make sure to shape my eyebrows. For the most part, my brows already have a great shape. I don't do much plucking, except for strays. Wet n' Wild MegaClear Mascara gives my brows that extra polish that I like. It's no fuss and it's quick and easy.

4. The Sephora Outrageous Volume Mascara in Ultra Black has been becoming a favorite for sometime now. This mascara amps your lashes up to the max. The only problem I have with it is that too much product comes out onto the brush. Now, I combat this by brushing the brush across the tube, then lightly applying to my lashes and building up to a second coat. Honestly, you could get a way with one coat, but I'm a mascara junkie so my lashes have to look like they are on steroids! Side note: If you don't like wet mascaras, then I'd say stay away from this one, but if you do, then I promise you'll love it. 

5. Also to combat this temperature drop, I started using my Rosebud Perfume Co. Smith's Strawberry Lip Balm again. I totally forgot how much I love this stuff. I usually use my Maybelline Baby Lips Neons, because they go on slick and don't dry my lips out. This lip balm is a little more heavy duty. My lips ten to crack a lot and when they do this lip balm eases the cracks and splits. I use it under any matte lipstick I'm wearing to keep my lips form drying out.c

6.  Last, but not least, when I'm craving color on my lips the Revlon ColorBurst Matte Lip Balm in Shameless has been my go to color. It's matte and stays on all day. This color was a favorite of mine's last winter, and I still cannot get enough of it. It's the perfect shot of color for any bare face. I never pair this lipstick with darker eyes, because I only like one dark element to my makeup at a time. There are some beauties out there that can pull off the dark eyes / dark lips combo, but I am not one of them!

I hope you all enjoyed your weekends, whether it was rainy, sunny, hot, or cold! I'll talk to you guys later and thanks for stopping by.


Shop My Faves

No comments