Ms. Davis










Blazer: Timing (gift from sister, similar here and here) // Turtleneck: from my sister (similar here, here, and here) // Skirt: Target (old, similar here and here) // Boots: Charlotte Russe (old, similar here and here) // Purse: Wal-Mart (color in store, here) // Necklace: Love Culture (similar) // Earrings: Charlotte Russe (sold out) // Bracelet: Wal-Mart (sold out, similar here and here)

Happy Monday loves! I hope you are all well. I was super inspired by the 70s trend that I see amassing my Instagram feed lately. I was looking in my closet wondering how can I do this trend with items that are already in my closet. I had this lovely blazer that my sister bought for me last Christmas, but I wasn't sure what to wear with it. I absolutely adore the color. 

So I was going through my closet and ta-da, it hit me. What if I pair it with my white zippered skirt form Target. The length and shape is close to those 70s inspired denim skirts. Then I pulled out my cognac colored boots, because Fall is just not Fall unless you own a pair of boots in that color. The hardest part was trying to find a shirt to pair with the pieces. So then, I thought "why not a white top, but I don't own many plain white tops. Okay so what about a turtleneck, but what color? I only have black and a dark magenta." At that moment, after I had almost given up, I realized that I had a white short-sleeved turtleneck that my little sis gave me, but was in my "go to goodwill bag". I fished the top out and BAM!!!, it was the perfect piece to complete the outfit. I learned that maybe my procrastination on bringing those clothes to Goodwill paid off, but I still promise to take the rest there. So dolls, I hope you enjoyed my take on the 70s trend. I'll be back on Wednesday with another post for you all. Enjoy your Monday!!!

Shop This Look

2 comments

  1. You are giving straight 70's doll! Love everything about this look.

    chic-n-everything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm loving the 70s trend!!!!

      Delete