Buying and Wearing Flared Jeans









Outfit Details | Top: Forever 21 (old, pretty options here and here) // Jeans: Personal Identity via Sears (old, similar) //Heels: Charlotte Russe (old, these are cute) // Sunglasses: The Dollar Tree (similar here and here) // Purse: Big Buddha (old, similar) // Necklace: Charming Charlie (old, similar) //Bracelet: Target ( last year) // Earrings: Charlotte Russe

Hello loves, Happy Hump Day! You know how every girl has that one pair of jeans in her closet that somehow fits great even after you've gained a little weight or when it seems that every other pair has betrayed you, well this is my pair! I've had these jeans since I was a sophomore in college (that's 8 years ago!!!) They were on sale for $10 and they were too long (that's why there is a bit of fraying on the bottom) but, I figured hey at $10 I'll be okay. I've honestly fallen back in love with these jeans. When I was in college, boot cut and flare jeans were my faves to wear. I felt that they always made me look taller and leaner. I'm 5'8 and I still wish I was about an inch or two taller. These 2 styles were also comfortable for walking across campus, especially in spring and summer. Wet skinny jeans sticking to your legs are not cute. 

So if you're looking for a change in your skinny jeans love affair, try a pair of flared jeans. When shopping for a pair remember these tips:
  1. Make sure they fit nicely over your thighs and down to above your knees, then flares out right above them. Honestly this is the key to looking taller. 
  2. Bring a pair of heels with you so that you know they will be long enough to graze the tops of the heels in your closet.
  3. Pair them with a pair of chunky heels like I have, it helps the flare at the bottom look better. 
  4. A higher rise also make you look slimmer, makes your waist appear smaller, and can give you an hourglass shape.
I hope you guys find these tips helpful. Thanks for stopping by and I'll talk to you later. Don't forget to follow me on Instagram, Bloglovin' and Pinterest.

Shop Similar

6 comments

  1. Lovely casual outfit, love the colour of the bag and the print of your top! I'm same these days- wearing flares a lot!

    www.julialundin.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Honestly, they are way more comfortable than skinny jeans, but I love those too!

      Delete
  2. I love a good flare. So many girls are afraid to wear them but with the right rise and rinse they can give you legs and curves for days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YESSSSS! Girls should embrace them. I think most think that they are a style for older women, i.e 40+, but they so aren't.

      Delete
  3. So true! Although after this winter I noticed m loyal jeans are a bit snug lol. Cute outfit!

    Laura
    www.24-7style.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. And LOL! Winter seems to do that!

    ReplyDelete