Straight Black and Grey









 Shirt: Wal-Mart(old, similar) // Jeans: New York and Company (old, similar) // Shoes: Sam &Libby x Target (size 6 left, similar) // Purse: Phillip Lim x Target (old, similar) // Necklace: Claire's (old) // Earrings: Charming Charlie (old) // Bangles (mixed, similar) // Lips: MAC in Touch

Hello loves! Happy Monday. I hope you all had a great weekend, as always. Alas I have straight hair. I had straightened my hair because I was planning on doing a special post for my blogaversary but those plans got scrapped. Anyways, I know it's been awhile since I had straight hair, but OMG does it feel good. I can just brush up my hair really fast and go! No struggling to detangle my curly lions mane. It took me 5 hours to get it straight. That's the time, including detangling and deep conditioning. My hair is extremely thick so I have to work in very small sections. For all my natural sisters out there, I know you feel me when I say detaingling probably takes up 60% of the time when getting your hair done.  I was falling asleep by the time I got to the last couple of sections. But it was all worth it because, now I can just brush my hair and go. Now, I can create soft romantic curls and easy waves( I'm dreaming up a few Valentines inspired looks for the blog).

This outfit was inspired by my hair. I figured since I had straight hair, why not style a rocker look. I know it's not very edgy, but I'm a girly girl so I always try to keep some aspect of my look soft. The shirt is hella old and reminds me that I need to get more black graphic/ band tees. I'm always thinking up ways to style them, but don't have any to work with. I hope you all enjoyed this post and I'll talk to you later! Thanks for stopping by. 

Shop This Post

2 comments

  1. Love your top and shoes! You look beautiful

    Mel
    http://www.girlandthepolkadot.com/

    ReplyDelete