Winter Lipstick Faves

Winter Lipstick Faves1 // 2(no longer available) // 3 // 4 (no longer available) // 5 // 6 // 7

Hello! Happy Thursday! Somehow I've been on this lipstick kick this past year. I've been keeping my face really subtle while sporting bright and bold lips. Especially all throughout winter. I've come to stop with the pale lips and embrace the dark side (of lippies that is)! So, I thought it would be great to share some of my favorite winter lipsticks with you. These are the top colors that I have been wearing all winter long.

The Reds

I was never a red person when I was a teenager. This was a discovery from my college days. Too many YouTube beauty guru videos I guess, but since then I realized what every one had been telling me all along. I actually look great in RED! The reds I prefer are deeper ones, like #2. It's MAC Limited Edition lippie in Fixed on Drama. I remember when this lipstick was everything. Getting this lipstick was somewhat of a "meant to be" story. I went to my MAC counter and they said they were sold out. A girl comes from around the corner as I was leaving and said one had fallen in the drawer and that it was the very last one. I usually don't spend $14 for a lipstick , but this was well worth it. It's a matte and I so love it.  If you missed out on this fabulous lip color then just go to your local drugstore and pick up #1, Wet n' Wild Matte lipstick in Cherry Bomb. It's an awesome dupe for Fixed On Drama and it only costs $2, and the staying power is amazing. You can't beat that!
#1
#2

The Purples/Plums

Now onto my purple love. Last year, Pantone had deemed Radiant Orchid as the color of the year. So every one everywhere was buying up all the fashion and beauty goodies they could get in this color! I of course fell for the trend and boy I'm sure glad that I did! I never thought I could look good in a deep purple lip. I always felt like it was a bit harsh, and I had always gone for that ethereal, natural beauty look. This lip color looks amazing with the right outfit and just takes your look to another level! #3(Revlon' Shameless) is a matte balm and literraly lasts all day. I've maybe only reapplied this lipstick once every wear. It's also a great dupe for MAC's Heroine, which every beauty guru/blogger was raving about last year. #4(Maybelline's Lavender Voltage) is a creamier version of the same color. Now when I apply this lippie, I definitely have to apply an extra layer because it can run a little sheer at first application. It was a limited edition lipstick, so it is no longer available, but if you Google it I'm sure you can find an easy dupe.

#3
#4

The Pinks

And last, but definitely not least, the pinks. As you can see the bright pink variety is probably my most worn of all. These three pink lipsticks are pretty much the exact same color except for formulation. #5 (Revlon's Cherries in the Snow) is a creme. #6 (Wet n' Wild's Cherry Picking) is a matte, and #7 (Maybelline's Vivid Rose) is a vivid sheen. OK, so maybe I'm obsessed with the same pink color, but once you find the exact right pink for you, you go a little crazy and want to buy it in every possible form (or maybe that's just me).

#5
#6 
#7

Okay loves, so I hope you enjoyed this post and comment below and let me know what your favorite winter lipsticks are. As a new lipstick addict I would love to try out more. Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments

  1. Love this post and all the colors!

    Mel
    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. 6 and 7 look gorgeous on you! I wish I could pull off the neon bright lipstick trend!

    Arielle from Tangled Musings

    ReplyDelete