A Turban Story






Sweater: Aeropostale (similar) // Jeans: New York and Company (old, similar) // Booties: Bjorndal via Rack Room Shoes (similar) // Purse: Phillip Lim x Target (similar) // Ladybug Necklace: Charming Charlie (old), Butterfly Charm Necklace: Claire's (old) // Bracelet: New York and Company (old, similar) // Turban: hair wrap that I tied that way // Sunnies: Dollar Tree (similar) // Lips: MAC Fixed on Drama (no longer available)

Hello all! Happy Thursday! As promised on yesterday I'm back with another post. Well, I never thought I would rock the turban trend. I really like the look, but I never felt comfortable doing it. I wore my hair like this only twice before this time. The reason why is the exact same as the first time. I washed my hair the night before and it hadn't fully dried yet.  All my natural hair girls with ultra thick locks know what I'm talking about (ugh, the struggle!!!! LOL).  The first time I put my hair up like this I was running to a summer class last year. So, I wasn't going anywhere important enough to care how it looked. The second time was that I didn't wanna mess up my freshly straightened locks before shooting my outfit (I have a pic on Instagram with the skull scarf  tied off with a center bow). This time though I was going to be out and about (Checking out our new J.Crew Factory for one! I got my fingers crossed that I win that $200 gift card!).

Anyhow, I asked the BF and the Bestie if it looked OK and they both approved. I was really self-conscious about it, but as the day progressed I realized that it looked hella stylish, and it was a chance to show off my facial features. Now I wanna buy a bigger wrap/scarf so I can make a huge knot at the top! So what do you guys think of my turban style?

More Options

1 comment

  1. Lovely outfit!

    Mel
    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete