Liebster Award Nomination




Hello all! Today's post is a bit different. It's a "get to know me" sort of post. I was nominated on Twitter by the lovely Chloe of Hello English Rose. Thanks for the nomination Chloe!

The award is way for bloggers with less than 200 followers/ readers to get themselves out there and connect with other bloggers. So if you're nominated for this award here are the rules.
  1. Post a link to the person/blog that nominated you on your blog
  2. Answer the questions given 
  3. Choose 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers  
  4. Pick 11 questions for them to answer 
  5. Let them know you nominated them 
Here are the questions I was asked and here are my answers!!! 

1. Why did you start blogging?
      I started blogging as a way to  document my style and stay connected to the world of fashion. I started this blog 4 years ago, but didn't keep up with it regularly. Then last November, I realized I wanted to give it a go again and be more dedicated and here I am, retail manager by day, blogger by night!

2. What is your favorite Shop?
     This is a hard one. As of late i would say that I frequent Old Navy alot. The managers there know me by face now (LOL!) Also I love The Loft and Banana Republic Factory (when I can make the trip out there, it's 1.5 hours away).


3. What is your favorite actor/actress? 

     I would say Denzel Washington and Tom Hanks are my fave actors. I've seriously never seen a bad movie by either. They are true masters of their crafts. My fave actress would probably be Anne Hathaway so far. Her style is amazing. I like to think of her as a modern day Audrey Hepburn.


4. If you could have any superpower what would it be?
    Not sure about this one! Maybe telekinesis. Moving things with my mind would be awesome!!!



5. If you had the chance to do anything in the world, what would it be and why?

    It would probably be to travel around the world for a year and experiencing the different cultures. I have the biggest case of wanderlust. I'd also be marking off all the historically significant places off my list, like sitting in the Sistine Chapel, walking the halls of Versailles, and seeing the Parthenon.


6. Your dream holiday(vacation)?

     My dream holiday would be in relation to number 5. Like two weeks in Tuscany would be amazing. It just has so much to offer. Beautiful countrysides, rich culture, and amazing historical architecture.


7. If you had the chance to be any character from any movie/ TV series or book who would you be and why?

    This would be a toss up between Hermione Granger from the Harry Potter series, or Piper Halliwell from Charmed (my all time fave TV series). They are both strong, intelligent females that fought hard to protect the ones they love, and they love fiercely and compassionately. i see a bit of myself in these two characters.


8. If you could only eat one type of food what would it be?

    It probably would be boudin or mashed potatoes and rice with smoked sausage. Boudin is a staple here in central and south Louisiana. I mean it's so good. if any of you ever get the chance to visit Louisiana and try some boudin please do. You won't regret it. and ask the locals, they'll guide you to some of the best. They're experts! As for the mash potatoes it was my all time fave growing up. So I guess I'm a little nostalgic for it!


9. Biggest pet peeve?
    My biggest pet peeve is ignorant people or rather people who choose to be ignorant. Not due to lack of information out there, but rather choosing not to explore. I find it hard to hold an intelligent conversation with someone who can't see both sides of a situation before forming their opinion about it. Ignorant people become consumed by their own ideals that they refuse to except others for theirs. It's how we miss out on great friends in the world.



10. What is your dream job?
       My dream job is to be a successful visual merchandiser/ stylist. There is just something about putting together outfits and merchandising fashion related products that relax me and drives me. I love it. I get so caught up in the creative process. I get to challenge my imagination often. I use to manage at a store dedicated to jewelry and accessories and one of my main responsibilities was merchandising the product, telling a story with it and I adored it.



11. Your biggest fear?
       My biggest fear would probably to become a failure. At the end of the day, I want to know that I gave it my all, that I did my absolute best and I succeeded. I'm slowly realizing that it's okay to fail. But I'm still not there yet. I'm driven to blog because I love it but also, because I want it to be successful. The past year and a half has taught me some hard lessons about failure. I'm also learning that the defined path I mapped out for myself isn't always the best for success, and I think that's why I'm so hard on myself about failure.

Okay. So now that you guys know a little more about me, I would like to know a little more about you. I nominate
  1. Katharina of Katharina Berghofer
  2. Arielle of Tangled Musings
  3. Raina of The Embellished Closet
  4. Allie of Luminous Prep
  5. Leslie of Southern Flair
  6. Amberly of A Slice of Glam
  7. Natasha of Moody Girl in Style
  8. Alexandria of Rambles and Roses  
  9. Cynthia of Senorita Cyn 
  10. Michelle of Michelle's Blog
  11. Corrange of Corrange
And here are my questions...
  1. What inspired you to start blogging?
  2. What is your favorite past-time?
  3. If you could live anywhere in the world for 1 year where would it be?
  4. What do you count as your biggest failure and how did you overcome it?
  5. What is your favorite sweet treat?
  6. What is your dream job?
  7. Describe your style in 2 words?
  8. What was your favorite subject to study in school/college and why?
  9. What is your all time fave book or film?
  10. Who is your fashion/beauty icon and why?
  11. What is your life's motto?

1 comment

  1. Awesome learning more about you!
    Mel

    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete