Stripe Me Down






 
Jacket: New York and Company (similar) // Dress: WalMart (old) (similar) // Wedges: Express (similar) // Wallet: Charlotte Russe (similar) // Word Bracelet: Burlington (similar) // Belt: Claire's (old) // Necklaces: Short one, Charming Charlie (old) Longer cross: Charlotte Russe (old) // Lips: N.Y.C. Cosmetics Lip Stain in Rock on Ruby 497

Happy Tuesday!!! I'm bringing you another outfit that I wore over my 4 day weekend! I was on Instagram and came across Hilary Rushford of Dean Street Society. She had posted a style challenge calendar for the month of July. You just follow the prompts for each day of the month, then #stylemejuly on Instagram. So I saw the prompt for the 7th: Black, White, and Chic All Over, and thought it would be a perfect opportunity to break out my old black and white striped dress! Although I wore it a day earlier because I thought the prompt was for the 6th rather than the 7th (whoops!).

I remember seeing this dress years ago on a short grocery run to WalMart. I always thought stripes were a classic, especially in black and white. So I decided to by it. the dress was no more than $10. The only problem it had was that it was a size to big. I figured if I belted it properly it would be wonderful! The t-shirt silhouette makes it easy to dress up or down. Now I know the challenge was just for black and white, but when you wear those 2 colors five days a week for almost 2 years, you can't resist putting color or sparkles in the mix! So that's what I did. I accented this dress with some gold and red accessories, and a denim jacket to make it more casual!

I hope you guys enjoy this post. Like I said before, don't be shy leave me your comments/feedback. Thanks for stopping by! P. S. Don't forget to enter my Vedette Shapewear giveaway, only 5 days left!



No comments