Mixing Prints








Top, Skirt, and Jacket: Forever 21 (similar top, jacket, skirt) // Shoes: BCBGirls (similar here and here) // Purse: 3.1 Phillip Lim x Target (no longer available) // Necklace: Charming Charlie (similar) // Bracelet: Claire's (old) // Sunnies: The Dollar Tree // Nails: N.Y.C. Cosmetics in Ocean Blue & Copabanana (City Simba Collection at Rite Aid) // Lips: NYX in Snow White

Hey loves! Hope your week is going well so far. Do you ladies ever feel like mixing prints can be a bit intimidating? I sure use to. I would always stray away from wearing prints on the top and the bottom (at the same time). I always thought it to be a bit too much. As far as mixing prints, I would stray far far away from that too! With the extremely popular trend in matching print separates, I'm becoming more excited by the idea. Especially the crop top and matching midi skirt combo, loving that right now! Currently, I don't own any midi skirt/crop top combos yet, but I hope to before this summer is over with (gotta find the perfect pair). So this Forever 21 skirt (I also own it in black) is the closet thing I've got to a midi skirt and well I'm going to rock it!

I decided to pair the skirt with my striped top that I love, but rarely wear! (I've worn it here before.) The reason I rarely wear it is because it's a little short. I wish I had some really great high wasted jeans to tuck it into, but that's another outfit, for another day! Anyways, I think that the easiest way to introduce yourself to mixing prints is to start with the classics ,i.e. polka dots and stripes. Both prints aren't that busy so it makes for easy mixing. Also choose staple colors like I've chosen above. Above anything else be confident! We all know that's the true key to pulling off any outfit. So start mixing!

I hope you guys enjoy the rest of your week and I will hopefully speak to you guys again on Friday. Thanks for stopping by!

P.S. I realized while writing the outfit details that I'm almost in Forever 21 head to toe, LOL!
 

No comments