Denim on Denim pt. 2: The Remix




 Shirt: Old Navy, Shorts: New York and Company (updated version), Sandals: Claire's (similar), Purse: Coach, Necklace: Charming Charlie (in stores)

Hello loves. I hope you all had a lovely weekend. I wish I could say the same about me. I was so amped for this past weekend. I mean it was my first Saturday off since August. As I have mentioned before, I work a 12-hour day on Saturdays. So since I was off this past Saturday I had special plans! The bestie and I had a concert to attend at the House of Blues- New Orleans. The line up was Grouplove, MS MR, and Samllpools. Honestly I could have cared less who was playing, I was just excited about the day. New Orleans is a 2 hr and 15 min trip from where we live so we left early. 1:00pm to be exact. The show started at 7. The plan was to spend the day shopping and exploring the French Quarter then head to the concert later that night. 

Well as fate would have it, we didn't even get to NOLA. The interstate was blocked off due to a four 18 wheeler accident/ explosion that happened on the Atchafalaya  Basin Bridge Friday. So we had to find another route. We drove all the way to Port Barre to take an alternate route but that was a bust also. There was a major car accident in the town of Livonia, which had the hwy backed up and at a standstill.  The stand still spanned 26 miles! All because the interstate was shut down and this was the next major route into Baton Rouge. We literally spent 3 hours in the car going nowhere. We realized that if we had taken another route it would have added an extra hour to an 2 hour trip, combined with a wasted 3 hours, we would make it to the concert 1.5 hours late! We decided to turn around and go shopping at home.  

Sorry for the mini rant but, we were so bummed for the rest of the day. Well, I guess it just wasn't meant to be. Anyways this is the outfit I wore Saturday. I was planning on taking outfit pics in NOLA. Even though that didn't happen I still wanted to show you guys my outfit of the day. I remixed two pieces featured in other posts (here and here). That morning I couldn't decide if I wanted to wear khaki shorts or denim with this shirt, but decided on denim at the last minute. And although I'm not the biggest denim on denim fan, I think its safe to say that it came out pretty well. What do you guys think? Are you fans of mixing denims? 

I wish you all a lovely week ahead. As always thanks for stopping by.

2 comments