Charmed and Red-dy








Dress: Old Navy (old), Tank: Forever21, Wedges: Rue21 (similar), Purse: Phillip Lim x Target (no longer available), Owl Necklace: Claire's (old), Cross & Pearl Necklace: Charming Charlie (old), Sunnies: Dollar Tree, Lips: NYC Cosmetics Lip Stain in Rockin Ruby & Maybelline Color Sensational in Very Cherry layered on top.

Happy Friday all! I hope you guys have been having a great week! Mine has been pretty good so far. Sunday is my birthday and the following Thursday is my pup, Marley's birthday. So I'm only feeling good vibes!

Yesterday I had an out of town errand to run, and of course I overdressed, but hey that's just me! I chose this really great wrap dress. I don't have many of these and need to go out and get more. I've had others in my closet, but donated them to Goodwill since most were too short or didn't fit me properly anymore. When I first bought this dress, I saw the exact same one in green w/ navy dots. I was immediately attracted to the green one, but made myself buy red. There aren't many red items in my closet, so I stepped out of my comfort zone.

I put the outfit together the night before, but the hair was a happy accident! I intended to do another fishtail braid to the side but felt it didn't look right! So I kept playing with it, trying to decide whether to wear it up or down, and came up with this. I just pulled the hair to one side the looped it like you would do a pin-curl around you fingers, and pinned it in place! After taking a look in the mirror I thought it made my outfit seem a little vintage/retro inspired. Therefore, I decided why not go all the way and kick it up a notch with red matching lips.By the way I thought I'd let you guys know how awesome of a deal these sunglasses were.I found them at my local Dollar Tree! Yep, Dollar Tree where everything is $1.

I hope you all have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments

  1. What a radiant pretty dress! Oh myyy....love it :-) You look gorgeous!

    missymayification.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress! The print is fabulous and it looks great on you. Also, I love your blog too! This is my first time checking it out and it will not be my last!

    Xoxo,
    MaRae
    http://thealwaysfabulous.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so so much for checking it out. I am glad that you love my blog.

      Delete