Rainy Day Run



Hello all! Here I am again with another post. I've been trying to keep that promise to you all and to myself of updating my blog as regularly as I can. This is what I wore to run errands today. Here in Louisiana it is Mardi Gras. I probably would have taken in the festivities today, but it was so cold and rainy. There was ice covering my car and icicles hanging from the bumper around 1 pm. By the time it melted completely off the temperature was still 35 degrees. So I felt it was too cold to be outside and watching parades. Some people didn't let that stop them though.


I decided to put something pretty basic together. I haven't really broken out the raincoat or rain boots in a while, but I felt it was needed today. The rainboots are hella old, as you can tell. They've been through the Louisiana mudbanks and back: fishing, pecan picking, etc. The raincoat is a London Fog raincoat and one of the best gifts I've ever received. I remember when I got it, I asked the person who gifted to me why he got white, he knew whites weren't safe around me. His reasons were (1) he thought it would look best on me, (2) because it was London Fog he knew I would take care of it and (3) it stands out. And I think it definitely stands out. Although it's not pictured, when I did head out I wore my utility jacket under my raincoat for warmth.

P.S. London Fog has a new collection called the Designer Collection featuring Cynthia Rowley, Badgley Mischka, and Chris Benz (Chris is my fave) you should check it out if you're into raincoats and umbrellas. And if you're in the market for a new raincoat with amazing quality I totally recommend them.

Raincoat: London Fog Tower Collection (old) (similar)// Sweater & Sunnies (here): Forever21// Jeans: Levi's (old)// Rainboots (old) & Watch: Target// Bag: Big Buddha (old) (similar style)// Necklace: Charming Charlie

Thanks for stopping by.
Being photobombed by an adorable pup!


No comments