Plaids and a Cruxifixes

Hello again! Just bringing you guys another outfit of the day. I took this pic a while back. I was having a lazy day. I was off from work and wanted to be totally comfortable. And normaly comfort eaquals my plaid/flannel shirts. As girly as I am, one would never think that I have a love of flannel and plaid. I think I get it from my mom!

 
When I look at all of her old driver's liscence pictures, I see this little woman in flannel shirts. I remember her owning a ton in different colors when I was younger. My mom has never been a girly girl. Although she can get dressed up eith the best of them, she prefers to be simple and comfortable. Her oufit du jour now: Skinny jeans, graphic t-shirt, and a her trusty pair of Chucks. Plus she doesn't wear makeup. But when she does, she uses her favorite shade of lipstick as lipstick, eyeshadow, and bluish! During the summer months she subs the chucks for flip flops!
 
 
So when I wasw little she didn't seem like style inspiration then. But now as I look back, she was one of the great style icons in my life. She let me know that you didn't have to have a lot of bells and whistles to be beautiful, just a lot of confidence. Plus she's the best looking soon-to-be 49 year old woman I've ever met!

Shirt: Forever21
Shorts: New York and Company
Necklace: Charming Charlie

 
P.S. There's my mommy in the middle!

No comments