Turning Old into New




Skirt (worn as dress): New York and Company
Sandals: Forever 21
Necklace & Earrings (came as a set): Charming Charlie
Belt, Headband, & Ring: Claire's
Bangles: Icing

Okay everyone, I took these pics like a week and a half ago! I know, they should have been posted but I've just been busy with preparing for school.

The dress I'm wearing is not really a dress. It's a maxi skirt I bought about two years ago. It's been extremely hot lately and I wanted to wear a dress to work but was tired of all my dresses in my closet that day. So I looked at my skirt and thought why not make this into a dress. I didn't have a dress in my closet this color and wanted one, but I didn't wanna spend money! So voila! There you have it, a cute strapless midi dress. I recently bought the belt on sale and thought it would go perfect to cinch in the waist. Another way I'm thinking of wearing this skirt/dress is to take the belt away and wear a crochet vest over it, paired with some wedges. That way it's still cool and summery. And to transition it into the fall I can pair it with some black pumps and my trusty black blazer. I know fall is technically like a month away, but hey, this is Louisiana we're talking about here! The state where you only get like 2-3 weeks of fall weather, which comes between mid October to mid November, a long winter, 2-3 weeks of spring weather, then a long hot, scorching summer!

No comments